Central Plains Center for Bioassessment
Developing Regional Nutrient Criteria for Wetlands of the Central Plains Region
|Date||October 2005 - September 2007|
CPCB has assembled a wetland database for the USEPA Region 7 Regional Technical Assistance Group (RTAG) to examine to determine potential classification schemes and reference condition schemes for use in nutrient criteria. Click to download or link to the various documents used in the Region 7 wetland database
CPCB MO floodplain talk (pdf)
- UPDATED The R7 database (MSAccess)
- Google Earth coverage of the 309 sites that have coordinates (.kmz) (not all had data)
- Link to the USFWS NWI Google Earth coverage. (hint - to see the NWI wetland polygons, turn off all layers except continental US, and zoom in on a site, and wait til it loads)
- USEPA Wetland Classification Module 7 (pdf)
- Link to the Soil Data Mart. Geospatial data can be downloaded from this site to use in your own GIS.
- Link to the WebSoilSurvey interactive tool.
- 2008 USDA Hydrogeomorphic paper (pdf)
- 1995 Smith et al. USACE Hydrogeomorphic paper (pdf)
- 1993 Brinson hydrogeomorphic classification (pdf)
- 2004 Brooks et al. GIS (pdf)
- Biological condition gradient (pdf)
- 2002 Wilcox et al. IBI (pdf)
- Cowardin 1979 (pdf)
- A review of Cowardin 1979 (pdf)
- Natural Heritage Program (pdf)
- Canadian wetland classification (pdf)
- Detenbeck EPA (pdf)
- A table comparing classifications with vegetation (pdf)
- Region 7 wetlands: Webpage of CPCB sampling.
- Reference wetlands: 147. Beury, J.H. , D.S. Baker, and D.G. Huggins. 2008. Wetlands in Three Ecoregions of the Central Plains. Open-file Report No. 147. Kansas Biological Survey, Lawrence, KS. 15 pp.
- Missouri River wetlands: Webpage of CPCB wetland sampling.
- How CPCB used landuse to estimate wetland reference condition: 142. Kriz, J., D. Huggins, C. Freeman, J. Kastens. 2007. Assessment of Floodplain Wetlands of the Lower Missouri River Using a Reference-based Study Approach. Open-file Report No. 142. Kansas Biological Survey, Lawrence, KS. 63 pp.